13:08

A great [toddler] computer game

After my screen on my laptop went out, I hooked it up to an old flatscreen monitor to get my information. However, I was struck with an idea when I did. I got all of my data off and dug out an old keyboard and mouse. I set the laptop up on a small table and hooked everything up to it. The monitor can run without the laptop being open. My son now has his own desktop computer (technically). And even though a three year old doesn't NEED one, the laptop would have been junked otherwise.

So for awhile, I was on the lookout for software that he could use. I found this great Sesame Street game by Nova Development. If you have toddlers that are just learning to play on the computer, I would suggest this. It's never too early for kids to learn computer skills, and you'd be incredibly surprised at how easily even a two year old can operate simple software.





Simple point and click activities teach counting, matching, grouping, sorting, music, listening skills and more. Designed for ages 2-4.

Although, I must note that this game is VERY simple and is more towards the low end of 2-4. My son is just a few months past 3 and can get bored with this game easily...so it won't be long before he ignores it all together.

Other than this little bit, the game is spectacular. I wish I would have found it ages ago. He still prefers to play games on the internet most of the time, because as I said, he's old enough that the Sesame Street game gets boring. I have set up the computer to have only 4 icons on the desktop. I also set the internet browser icon to be a dinosaur so it's easy for him to find, and it goes straight to the games at NickJr.com. He clicks the dinosaur and is playing games in no time. It's improved his hand-eye coordination exponentially, and I'm thankful for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment