07:51

Recipe - Tuna Stuffed Shells

I wanted my first recipe to be one of my favorites. And it's not my favorite because it's the best tasting one, ever. Lord knows I prefer some Mexican cuisine before anything else. But it's my favorite because it surprised me when I ate it. Never being a lover of tuna, or any other seafood for that matter, I was shocked to find out that I could enjoy the simplest (and cheapest) of all the fish.

Please enjoy this recipe for Tuna Stuffed Shells:


Ingredients


12 Uncooked jumbo shell macaroni
1 can (6-1/2 oz) tuna, drained, flaked
2/3 cup Ricotta cheese
1 Egg, well beaten
1/2 cup Seafood cocktail sauce
1/3 cup Chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup Sliced green onions
1/4 cup Finely chopped celery
2 tbsp Dry bread crumbs
2 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp Hot pepper sauce (or more to taste)
2 tbsp Water
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese(reduced-fat cheese)


Directions


Preheat oven to 375. Cook shells according to package directions; drain.

Combine tuna, ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 cup cocktail sauce, vegetables, bread crumbs, Parmesan and hot pepper sauce; stuff into shells. Arrange shells in 1-1/2-qt baking dish. Add water to dish; cover tightly with foil. Bake for 35 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with additional cocktail sauce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment