09:01

Recipe - BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese

We've always been fans of a basic grilled cheese. And I always find myself trying to spice it up. Using pepper jack, or sprinkling the sandwich with spices before toasting. Anything I can do to make our grilled cheese extra special. When I found this recipe, I was insanely excited. So much so, that when DH asked me why I had bread, bbq, ranch and cheese out while I was cooking chicken, I told him to "Shutup and trust me!" lol.

Change up the basics with this recipe for BBQ Grilled Cheese.


Ingredients


2 slices wheat bread
3 oz chicken breast, grilled and thinly sliced or shredded
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 slice cheddar cheese (I will sometimes use American, Swiss or Muenster, too)
1 tsp Ranch salad dressing
1 tbsp butter, margarine or spread


Directions


Toss the grilled chicken with barbecue sauce (can warm in microwave if needed before adding to sandwich).

Butter outsides of both pieces of bread. Spread Ranch dressing on the inside of one piece. Lay the Ranch piece in warm skillet, quickly top with chicken and spread evenly. Place cheese on chicken and top with other piece of bread. Toast and serve hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment